Wednesday, December 13, 2006

WOO HOO!!!! Let me say that again.... WOO!!!! HOO!!!!!

Classes are over and my Christmas knitting is complete!!!

...but you won't see them until after Christmas!! :-P

But, for your veiwing pleasure, I have been spinning a bit. Sunday, I went to my first meeting of the Denton Spinning Guild. It was exciting and I met alot of people and got to see some great wheels in action. Here's what I worked on:
It is spinning up wonderfully, very barber-pole-ish. The pictures don't do it justice.
At the meeting, we also had a gift exchange and I got some hand-dyed Tussah silk roving in peaches, oranges, and rust colors. It will be beautiful spun up.
During a study break, Kerry and I finally got around to felting her bag, which is her first knitting project. I think it turned out great!

The pictures were taken pre- and post-felting, with the lovely Microwave Spectroscopy book for scale. Hey, we're chemists....it's what was handy!

Now, back to the regularly scheduled knitting.....

3 comments:

Bezzie said...

I laughed at your textbook--at first I thought you might have been trying to mimic the wave on the cover of the book in the bag's color scheme. Regardless--it looks great!

Where's the jaywalker??? Am I blind? (quite possibly!)

Christine said...

Microwave Spectroscopy... thinking about taking a class that involves something like that makes me want to cry a little.

The bag looks great, your spinning makes me want to pull out my spindle, and I can't wait to see your Christmas knitting!

badmomgoodmom said...

OMG! I had the same microwave spectroscopy book AND laundry tree in grad school. Hang in there. I discovered there is a strong job market for microwave spectroscopy skills in satellite meteorology. It pays for all my yarn and the mortgage on the house that holds my yarn collection.