Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Ahh...Dead week....

For those non-academics, that would be the week before finals when all loose ends are tied up from classes. But in grad student land, this just means more time to focus on research, or so my boss tells me. :-P

The good part is that my work consists of sitting in front of the NMR, monitoring experiments for hours. Hmmm...hours of sitting aimlessly, what to do, what to do....yep, I knit.

So, since I can't show you any knitting pics, enjoy a nice meme from Trillian42:

A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Lifeguard
2. Phlebotomist
3. Winn Dixie Cashier
4. Research Assistant

B) Four movies I would watch over and over
1. Harry Potter (any of them)
2. The Princess Bride
3. The American President
4. Galaxy Quest

C) Four places I have lived
1. Sweetwater, TX
2. Shawnee, KS
3. Omaha, NE
4. Denton, TX

D) Four TV shows I love to watch:
1. The West Wing
2. Little House on the Prarie
3. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
4. Star Trek: TNG

E) I have been on vacation:
1. Florida
2. Cozemel, Mexico
3. Ruidoso, NM
4. Las Vegas, NV

F) Websites visited daily:
1. Hotmail
2. Knitty Coffeeshop
3. Yahoo
4. Yarn Harlot

G) Four of my favorite foods:
1. Potatoes (any make or model)
2. Steak
3. Beans 'N Cornbread
4. My Grandmother's Chicken Fried Steak

H) Four places I would rather be right now:
1. In bed, asleep
2. Las Vegas
3. Italy
4. Anywhere with all of my family

I) Four people I’m tagging with this questionnaire:In the spirit of the holidays and giving, I'm not tagging anyone specific. If you want to post this one, go right ahead! :D

1 comment:

Christine said...

I *heart* Dead Week. Just one final to go and this semester will be over and I can focus full time on knitting for an entire month! WHEEE!