Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A little birdie told me......

Guess what I found when watering my plants today

My lovely patio....in my first hanging basket (a purple Wandering Jew, if interested) was this..........a bird's nest with five eggs. I am not sure what kind they are....the eggs are white with black spots. If anyone has a clue of the kind of bird they are, I would be interested. I haven't been able to see the momma bird; she is usually hidden by the plant or flies away when I open the patio door.

I have never had a nest in a hanging basket before. I will now be careful in my watering, but I am guessing if it hasn't bothered the bird by now....I am just amazed....like on American Idol tonight....I am speechless......

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute! I can't wait to the little open beaks waiting for worms.

Bezzie said...

Too cool! You'll have to blog the baby birds when they hatch!

Haley said...

I love me a good wondering jew.

Haley said...

p.s. I want to boycott idol now after the results. You know she's going to have such an amazing career though.