Sunday, May 20, 2007

Home, home on the range......

All knitters have said it at least 100 times in their lifetime - "I wish I had more time to knit." I probably said it everyday during school, but I will share a quick story. You guys know I ramble.....

When I got Kerry knitting, we made it a habit to bring our knitting to Friday seminar and we would sit in the back and knit. This is where guest speakers, and some professors, would come to talk about their research and what not. This was perfectly acceptable, as long as we were quiet knida thing. Hey, at least we weren't snoring like Tom. :-P Anyway, we got to our seats and got sitchiated (that's Texan) and got clickin' away when one of our profs, who we currently had a class with, commented that we never come and knit in his class. Now, being the smart-ass I am and knowing sarcasm when I hear it, I made the comment along the lines of, "well, I would if you would let me." But, I digress.....

Since I have been home, when I am not job hunting that is, I figured, hey, I will get a TON of knitting done. And I have....too much. I have gotten to the hand cramping point of knitting. It REALLY SUCKS!!! I have gone through the project progression of my lacy Ene's Shawl, to patterned socks, to plain socks, to scarves on a US6, and finally to a felted bag pattern on 10.5. Oh woe is me....

And now, because you don't know how REALLY weird I am, I submit the circulating meme....

7 Weird Things About ME!

1. I cannot sleep with any door open in my bedroom. The main door, bathroom door, and closet door must all be shut. It just bugs me, I don't know why.

2. Where I am going to graduate school is the 20th school I have attended in my life. We moved around a bit. Went from Texas to Kansas to Nebraska to Oklahoma and (thankfully) back to Texas.

3. I have a "thing" for pajamas. I think it comes from living in the coed dorms for 3 years (yes, I lived in a girl dorm for a year. (shudder) WAY too much concentrated estrogen). In a five drawer chest, two drawers contain just PJs - one for tops, one for bottoms.

4. I learned to walk on my toes and did it consistantly until I was about 13, when they threatened that they were going to have to cut my Achilles tendon so I could walk flat-footed. GENERALLY speaking, I finally stopped 2-3 years ago, but I still do it from time to time. Don't ever, EVER let your kids do it....gets painful later on.

5. I didn't have (much less SEE) a Starbucks until I was 18. I remember going to college and everyone being amazed that I had never had Starbucks. I came from a little West Texas town that didn't mave much, but two years later, a town about 45 miles away got one and it was exciting.

6. The first poker tournement I played in I got 2nd place. My dad was excited for me, until I asked him the order of the hands again. He was bewildered on how I got second place without knowing the order of the hands. I know them now....I think. :-P

7. I have never seen any of the Godfather movies and I am a movie freak. It's not that I am against them, I have just never had the opprotunity.

2 comments:

Jen Da Purse Ho said...

i was the same way w/ the godfather movies. I never saw one. I told a male friend of mine about another male friend mocking me for never seeing it. he ran out and rented the 1st one and MADE me watch it. i found it boring. :) the 2nd one wasn't available for rent. strange huh? :)

so you been out of town? :) i haven't seen in you many many weekends. :)

Bezzie said...

Oof, yeah whereas I didn't really dig Texas...I can see where it would be better than KS, NB, or OK!