Thursday, November 02, 2006

It has been a LONG week...and what is a good thing to get after a long week? Not one box of yarn, but TWO!! And on the day I (finally) finish my first synthesis for Dr. R. It was a good thing to come home to. Well, here are my goodies.


(Click here for description) This was from Knit Picks, my first order, actually. I had gotten links to it from the KnittyBoard and couldn't believe the prices. I was thinking, surely, it must be bad to be that inexpensive. However, everyone RAVED about it. So, I gave it a try and boy was I wrong. This yarn is wonderful! I got a little laceweight and some sock yarn. The Gloss is a little thicker than I thought, but quite soft.


I am sure there are a few out there wondering why I would have gotten a yarn with the color name "Crayons". Let me explain: (1) it was on sale!! :-P (2) I came across a KP pattern for some fair isle socks that I fell in love with. I love fair isle/insarsia but I like it even more if I only have two strands of yarn to worry about! There were several different combos for this sock online, but this is the only on e they still had the yarn for...and I HAD to have those socks!!


Speaking of socks...a lovely knittyhead enabler made all of us aware of a special her LYS was having...8 skeins/4 pairs of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock yarn for $46. Okay, for you non-knitters out there, a skein of this stuff usually runs $10-12/skein...for IMO, the best sock yarn out there. So, along with every onther KH on the board, I placed my order and this is what I got: (Click here for details) Yummy, yummy....and, as the knitty sock knitters motto...

"Sock Yarn Doesn't Count As Stash!!"

No comments: