Monday, November 06, 2006

Knitting Quote of the Week
"Blast!! I am doing it wrong....eh, I'll just keep going..."
...and now the story. I began to teach my friend Kerry to knit socks. We began with Fuzzy Feet, which are felted slippers. You knit a big-a$$ sock, and then felt it. With that explained, let me initiates one of the cardinal rules of knitting:
"Friends don't let friends knit drunk"
Now, no one was drunk, per se, but we had been sampling the Sam Adams Seasonal Beers Collection. We will just leave it at that...but I do recommend them! Ok, so maybe it was funnier at the time...but, trust me, it was a visual thing.

Ok, so on to knitting!! Many people have noticed that Gift #1 is finished. Yes, the picture has been taken, but no it hasn't been given yet. I will post afterwards. :-P

I did get my Christmas shopping done this weekend!! Take a look:

What's that? It looks like a bunch of yarn? Well, it is...I said my Christmas SHOPPING was done...not my Christmas KNITTING!! I promise, everything will be photographed and posted in due time.

We had a wonderful thunderstorm last night with losts of rain and thunder and lightning...which was nice until the power went out. My roommate and I fumbled around for candles and got the living room quite nicely lit. What did I do for the hour the power was out? What do you think? Yep, I will proudly and geekily admit that I knitted by candlelight. It was quite relaxing knitting while surrounded by candlelight and the scents of apples and cinnamon, pumpkin spice, green apple, fresh comfort, lavender, and strawberry daiquiri. It was interesting...

I took my first steps into the dyeing world tonight. I finally dyed my first handspun with green and blue. It looks a little pale, but we will see once it dries. I will post pics once it does.

Happy knitting!!

No comments: