However, we did get a bit of weather and rain, so I did a bit of dyeing! My lovely WinterSP Momma-Monkey sent me some KnitPicks Bare that I have been meaning to dye, so a cold rainy day seemed a good day to do it.
This time I used Wilton cake dyes. It was available and I was interested to see the rumored splitting of the colors (i.e. the purple splits into red and blue).
So, I went with a red/blue/purple varigated scheme and made my BIG fifteen foot skein, cleared off the table and got to work and here is what I got. No, I can't play the "stupid camera" card. That is the color the red came out. I even doubled the amount of red just cause it didn't look right in the bottle. BTW, the color is "Chrismas Red - the red with a blue tone". Let's take a closer look:
Yeah, that had to go. So, I got out some good ol' Koolaid and overdyed the red portion (2 black cherry and 1 regular cherry). Much better.....here, look!
That is RED!!! It's exactly what I wanted. I SOOOOO happy! I think it will end up being some cool, funky hat for myself. Yes, for ME!!! :-)