Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Hello......goodbye.......

To catch up from last time, almost all of the quotes were gotten except for #5.

"I work harder than God. If He had hired me, He would have made the world by Thursday."

This came from "Keeping the Faith", a cute, funny movie. I recommend to all!

Meet The Golf Ball...I got this car when I graduated high school and it served me well for many years. It got it's nickname after it got caught in the mother of all hail/ice storms about 5-6 years ago. Those in the metroplex know which one I'm talking about. It took about three months to get into see your insurance agent. (Ironic sidenote: This was while I was in college and when we were going through the parking lot the next morning, the Lexuses (Lexi?), Audis, and BMWs and such all had windows broken out, where as us with the "cheaper" cars just had body damage. I always thought that was funny.)

So my mom decided to get a new car. It's very nice and pretty. But it turned out that my car, with the hail damage and, well, let's say questionable interior that has 97,000 would have a higher trade in value than my mother's newer, practically immaculate car that has 106,000 miles. Yeah, figure that one out. So I drove up to Oklahoma Sunday, traded in my car and I got my mom's old one. We were amazed that they gave us what they did for my lovely lil' car I have had for 9 years. We took it and ran!

Then, on the way home, God decided to poke fun at me. It wasn't nice. I got to drive down the highway, for three hours, going at 40mph. Why was I going so slow? Well, it probably had something to do with the tornado, horizontal rain, lots of hydroplaning, TWO instances of hail, and semis going way to freakin' fast in that weather. There was lots of cursing, especially when the hail started. "WHAT IS THE DEAL?!? AM I NOT ALLOW TO HAVE A NON-HAIL DAMAGED CAR?!?"

But I got through it and stopped at McDonalds for an ice cream cone. It made me feel much better. Then I looked at the car.Still a beautiful car......

As much as I will miss my ol' Golf Ball, my new Sixer will do me good 'cause you can do things like change the volume on the radio, open all the doors, open the windows at the touch of a button, adjust the side mirrors.....it's the little things you know.....

4 comments:

Bezzie said...

Hee hee that comment about the Lexi, Audi's and Beamers was priceless!

weezalana said...

Congrats on the new-to-you car! And glad you made it safely through what sounds like the seventh level of weather hell!

Jen Da Purse Ho said...

i LOVE that movie! "keeping the faith". there is a few songs on that soundtrack that i adore. :)

congrats on the new ride :) it's shiny and purty!

chemgrrl said...

Oh, what a very lovely new yarn shuttle you have. I bet you can get tons in the trunk!