Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I'm hot, I'm cold.......pick one!!

Yeah, so the weather has been playing with me lately....and I am getting a bit annoyed. The weather does change quite a bit in the Fall and Spring in Texas (yes, I have personally seen it snow 18" on day and it be 80 degrees the next....in April). But here in the Lone Star State, I consider it "Winter" on Dec. 26. Usually by that point, the weather has leveled out and stays rather consistent. Boy was I shocked the other day when I woke up to a beautiful 75 degree day. (Apparently, the freakiness went all the way north, cause a lil' birdy told me it was 65 in Indiana....in JANUARY!!) Needless to say, it has dropped 15 degrees since 6:00am, when I got dressed this morning.

But, hey, look.....YARN!This was the final Rockin' Sock Club package and by far, my favorite. Hey, it's blue....what's not to love? This is Socks That Rock Lightweight in Bella Coola. Alright, so here's my take on the sock club. As the year went on, I liked the yarns more and more. The first few I wasn't too hot on, but it got better. The folks at BMFA did a great job, but I don't think I would do it again (even if I could afford it!), but that just my personal choice. I would much rather choose what yarns I was getting, just so I wouldn't get something that I did love.

We won't talk about how not one of these pairs of socks is even remotely done.

Thanks for the comments on my CPH. I have got about 5" left before I spilt off the back and fronts. I really am enjoying the crap out of it and already can't wait to make another. I am a cardi gal....so I figure I will have at least three of them in the end. One of them I would like to be in some Kathmandu Aran. This is a yarn I have been LUSTING after and dying to do something with. Come on, a wool/silk/cashmere blend? Who wouldn't?

3 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

65 degrees in Indiana?! Wow...never got like that when I went to school there! Of course, its been in the high 50's here in CA all day. Go figure.

I loved this month's Sock Club color. Absolutely gorgeous. Yeah, none of mine from the club are knit up either. Oh well. So many socks, so little time.

weezalana said...

Ooo, STR! In blue! Pretty pretty pretty!

chemgrrl said...

I need to get back to my CPH. The poor thing has been abandoned for far too long. Can't wait to see yours!

...I have some of that Kathmandu Aran sitting around. It *is* nice. Sigh. So many sweaters, so little time.