Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Decisions, decisions......

Alright, so.....(man, I start alot of sentences that way....) so I need help with a decision. I have a good sweaters worth of a nice, dark-ish brown Plymouth Encore Worsted (#1444). My original plan, many moons ago, was to do an adult Tomten for me. I got the Encore 'cause I wanted it to be a general, multi-purpose, hard-wearing cardi of some kind. I have since grown out of doing the Tomten, mainly 'cause doing that much garter stitch would probably kill me.

As any good knitter on Ravelry, I took a run through the ol' queue to see what kind of matching I got. Here's what I came up with:

- Dollar and a Half Cardi (I would symmetrize this, probably with the cable side)
- Cardi for Arwen
- Central Park Hoodie
- Mr. Greenjeans

What is everyone's opinion? I won't tell you my leanings right now, 'cause they are changing, depending on the level of my wine glass.....but I digress..... :-P My hesitation is that I am worried that these have design elements that I am afraid might get lost in how dark the yarn is. But then I look at the $1.50 cardi, and it helps to slightly alleviate that, but still....

I have decided that this is what I am casting on once I get my holiday knitting done. However, this year, none of it is for my Christmas presents. I have a baby blanket (baby due beginning of Dec.), Christmas stocking for future cousin-in-law of my cousin (to be done by mid-Nov. for said cousin's wedding) and 6 HP scarf bookmarks (commissioned by a co-worker).

The stocking is coming along - I am in the home stretch of the intarsia portion, so once that's done I will probably finish it quickly. I haven't touched the blanket in a few weeks, but we will see what happens. I just got asked for the book marks, so they aren't even started yet.

BTW, everyone needs to check out Jen's bag in the IK Winter '07. How freakin' awesome is that?!? Must....have.....it......

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Mr. Greenjeans. My daughter has pictures on her blog
passingdowncrazy.wordpress.com where the cables show up well even in a varigated yarn.

chemgrrl said...

I'm voting for the CPH. I've seen tons of those done in dark yarn, and they still look good. Plus it's a good all-around all-purpose sweater. Plus, I want to make it too. :)

weezalana said...

Well, my preference is for the CPH. ;) Seriously, though - it's a great sweater! Fun to knit, and the cables will show up great.

Beverly said...

Central Park Hoodie all the way! Love that sweater.

Kerry said...

Arwen. I think you would like Arwen the best. Its very you.

Eryn said...

I love the CPH, but I've seen so many beautiful Mr. Greenjeans that I'm a little torn....

Whichever you do, it will be gorgeous in that yarn.