Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Oh crap!

Yep, that's how it's been the past few days. I got called into work on my day off on Monday, but I didn't quite mind it as much since it was time-and-a-half. Things that didn't dawn on me until I got to work: (1) it's a holiday which means it will be crazy busy, and (2) I was closing Monday night (~10:45pm home time) and opening on Tuesday (be there by 7am).

Oh crap! #1

On said Tuesday, it was the first day after a three day weekend, the day new books come out (which is busy at B&N), and there was some kind of weird alignment of the planets and moon or something cause the crazys were out. Plus, we have determined we have some kind of house elf or something in the store that screws everything up just enough to be annoying.

Oh crap #2.

I then got some take-out and went to SnB last night, a little early, but had to save some seats! But then the take-out and my LONG few days caught up with me and barely lasted an hour.

Oh crap #3.....I really needed knit-night too.

Today got to be my day off so I got to catch up on errands and go get important things like food. I get back and have a lovely note from my apartment complex saying that I didn't pay my rent. BS to them I say!! I paid my rent on Sunday when I came to get my new parking pass. See? I can show you the carbon copy here in..my....checkbook......yeah....throughout the whole thing Sunday, I didn't actually GIVE them the check.

OH CRAP!!!!!

Luckily, I talked my way out of the $75 LATE FEE!!!! If I hadn't, this would have been a much longer post....

Plus, still haven't finished my Monkeys, which I find annoying. I have hit the point of "I just want them done," and they are getting longer. I have about 2 repeats and 5 plain rounds to go before I start the toe.

2 comments:

chemgrrl said...

Well, at least your "oh crap"s didn't have to do with knitting. Like "oh crap, I just ran out of yarn," of "oh crap, I just left a skein of yarn attached to my knitting in the basket of a hot air balloon which is slowly rising over the city and I'm watching my 27 color fair-isle sweater that I've been knitting for my overweight uncle that I was just about to bind off on slowly unravel before my eyes and there's nothing I can do about it."

See? It could be worse.

Haley said...

ummm, you haven't be there four years already, have you? this is year three, right?! so, i now work at the national cathedral and was walking down one of our hallways today and a photo caught my eye. yeah, it was a photo of the cast of the west wing with two of our priests. i was in awe, i'm not gonna lie.