Tuesday, November 27, 2007

It's the most wonderful time.......

.....of the year!!!

Yeah, I have been singing that all day 'cause I've been putting up Christmas decorations! Yes, I am one of those. I LOVE me some Christmas! I love the music, the decorations, seeing family, and all of the goodwill toward men going on. Maybe it's me, but everyone tends to seem just a bit nicer this time of year. And I like it!

It's always nice pulling out the decorations. For me, I think alot stems from the fact that I am a BIG day-after-Christmas shopper. I usually horde in on the Christmas stuff and then stow it away for next year. So when I pull out the decorations, it's like early Christmas when I see what I got the year before. It has dropped off a bit, since I don't have a big tree (I had one in my old apartment - this one....well....there's barely room for yarn, folks), but I still go to Dillards and look for new pieces for my Nativity. Several years ago, my grandmother got her children a "starter" Fontanini nativity (Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus). Over the years, they got other pieces, like angels, Wise men, and livestock. The Christmas before I went to grad school, I found a set at the after-Christmas sale and began to collect different pieces. I have Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus, The Wise Men, Glorious Angel, and livestock. Which livestock you ask?

Sheep, of course!

2 comments:

Julie in Texas said...

Oooo I am so jealous. I have always wanted one of those nativity sets and just can't justify the price, when I have small boy children that might break it. That is what I am going to have when I grow up.

I need to start Christmas decorating. I will have 50 to 75 ladies here on the 8th and I haven't even begun.

Ed said...

Isn't it the twelve days of Christmas, not the 35 days.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no Grinch, I like x-mas, my dec's go up in a week and a bit.
My neighbor over the road has had her dec's up since the 10th of Nov.